Friday, May 27, 2011

It has been a long time!

My last post was almost 2 months ago.  Wow!  It's not like I haven't been making any art as I have been going to my Tuesday night life drawing sessions.  Honestly though, other than the life drawings and my small daily collages, I haven't been working on any thing spectacular.  I have been busy finishing up at school for the year and I have been taking a National Teacher Certification Pre-Candidacy course which has filled up my mind and my time.  I have a candidacy number and have applied for the scholarship money that would pay for the National Board certification process.  I am scheduled for a 4-day workshop in early June which focuses on what I need to do concerning the entire process.  Then, once school starts up again in August, I jump in and start working on my portfolios which will be due in March 2012.  I am both excited and anxious about the process so my blog will deal a lot with what is happening on that front.
 The first 4 examples are of my daily collages where I have been using images from magazines transferred to the paper with matte medium.  Can you tell that my new subscription to National Geographic has influenced my work?

These last 2 images come from my Tuesday night life drawing session.  I am very grateful to have found this group to draw with!

This post is short, but I am off to do some pre-candidacy work/thinking.


No comments:

Post a Comment