Saturday, June 25, 2011

Now June is Almost Over

Wow!  Where has the time gone?  My intention was to post every weekend this summer, but now I realize that I missed the past 2 weekends.  There is really no excuse.  I am keeping myself busy, but I am not that busy!  I won't post all of the artwork that I have managed to produce as it would be overwhelming.  I will say that I have managed to complete an artwork a day during the month of June.
These small, 6" x 6" collages are easy to do, albeit the beading is a little time consuming, but they are enjoyable.  This first one is titled "Ruby Red Lips".  I have kept with the theme of woman this month.  All of the images use a magazine transfer, have a stamp, and include beads sewn on with thread.  Some of them have acrylic paint in the background, like this one.  Occasionally I use ink and stamp a pattern over the acrylic paint.  Sometimes I use plain paper, but most of this month's collages are on watercolor paper.
This 6" x 6" collage, "Two by Four", uses an image from my most recent National Geographic magazine.  It also shows that I moved away from outlining the female figure with beads, and in this case, used the beads to create a grid.

This collage was completed in response to our extremely hot days and is titled "110 Degrees".  Like the previous collage, it uses ink stamped over the acrylic paint and the beading follows the contours of the stamping.

"Sunday Sunshine" is another indication of the hot summer days that I am currently experiencing.  The stamp on this collage is one from Pakistan.  I have a collection of old stamps that my mother gave me and for the first time they are really coming in handy!

"Head for the Shore"  uses an old 1960's Shell Oil advertisement.  I am fascinated by the way the oil company associated themselves with art.

This is the final one that I will post.  It is titled "Sitting Around".  This image also came form an older magazine, just take a closer look at the hairdo!

I will create a second post to highlight the life drawing that I have been doing this month.  For this coming week, I won't be creating a 6" x 6" collage each day as I will be attending an Art Teachers Summer Institute at the New Hampshire Institute of Art in Manchester.  I will do my best to post next weekend with photos from my trip.  If I am near a computer, I might even be able to post on this blog while I am there.

No comments:

Post a Comment