Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thursday = No Painting

I can't believe how busy I was today with so much little stuff that I was never able to focus on painting! I hiked the base of Lookout Mountain, coming out at the saddle and then back home with only 15 minutes to shower and get to the dentist. I let time get awawy from me. Then I was off to the thrift stores, looking for shorts and possibly an ice chest. Though I found shorts, I ended up buying an ice chest at Target. I am starting to think seriously about the roadtrip Rainy and I are taking as we leave in just 9 days. I found our propane stove and got it all cleaned up and checked to make sure it worked. There is still so much to do, one day at a time.


Though I knew I wasn't going to get a chance to paint today, I still neededd to make my 6" x 6" daily artwork. I decided that it would be a good time to draw. I worked with ballpoint pen and a mirror to capture my basic features. I wanted to make a collage in the style of Romare Bearden, so I looked through my W magazine for eyes. This is also where I found the beaded shoe bauble to cover the forehead. Adding the hand was the final touch! I titled it "Looking for Me".

It was a fun and fairly quick piece to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment