Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Woeful Wednesday

I am feeling very restless this morning. I don't feel like hiking or doing much of anything. I guess I am lost. I am not sure what to do with myself. I might spend some time planning the road trip I am taking with Rainy before settling into painting. I think the background of the cactus flower might be dry enough that I can work a bit on the flower petals. I should start another drawing....but I don't know what I want to draw. That sense of restlessness is slowing me down.


Yesterday, I worked in my sketchbook (IW=Investigational Workbook). I used pastels and drew the cactus flower that I am also painting. For the first time, I used workable fixative to keep areas from smudging and turning into mud. I had read about this technique, but hadn't tried it. I liked the way it worked because I could lay down yellows, fix it, then add greens over the surface without effecting the yellows. It certainly increases the layering possibilities! I spent the enitre afternoon on the drawing; it was actually fairly relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment