Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's Tuesday, but feels like Monday!

I am still getting up around 5 in the mornings; usually after a couple of weeks of summer break I am sleeping until 9am. Maybe that won't happen this year. That is okay with me as I am finding the mornings to be rather productive. After my morning dose of coffee, I hiked Lookout Mountain, this time I circled the lower peak and then came back home. I really need to watch my footing as I stumbled on a rock but stopped the all out fall with my hands, jarring my shoulder slightly. Careful Julie!

I am not sure yet which paintings I will be working on today. The dark blue on the International truck is really slow drying. I did work on 2 paintings yesterday.

Looking Inward: I worked a bit on my eyes so they are no longer white hollow spaces! The eye coloring is pretty accurate. I still need to work on the overall shape and add some small details. I also painted in the hair, capturing the dark values and the highlights.









Gunfight: I struggled with the lower half of all four girls! It was difficult getting the shadows and creases in the pants to look right. I also painted the gunholsters on the girls. I realized that 2 older ones had a place for bullets and an additional holster for a larger gun......a rifle maybe? I kept smudging the paint with the edge of my hand so I decided it would be best to paint their boots after the pants were dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment