Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy 80th Birthday to My Dad

Today is my dad's 80th birthday!  We celebrated with a big family dinner last night at Donovan's Steak and Chop House.  It was great fun though the wine bottles may have flowed a little bit too freely.  I think that dad liked the collage that I made for him, it is shown and described in my previous post.  Rainy had flown in for the celebration on Friday night and left today around 1pm.  I miss her already, but I will get to see her in 2 weeks as I am going to Olympia for my spring break.
I did managed to make a number of collages this week.  This one is titled "Deep in the Woods", it is 6" x 6", and is acrylic paint, paper, ink and ribbon on board.  I started with roughly coating the board with acrylic paint, when it was dry, I stamped a pattern on with white ink.  Once that was dry, I glued the various papers in place.  I find this one somewhat mysterious,  I like that about it.
"Wait for Me" has papers, buttons, stamps, and ink on board.  The 3 gold frames were cut from old playing cards, I am glad I found them in my stash and thought to use them in this manner.
"Calvert" has papers on board.  This collage was made strictly from magazine images.
I would like to find the time to work on a painting or two, but that won't happen this weekend as Sunday is rapidly fading away and I feel as if I need a nap.  Maybe this week....

No comments:

Post a Comment