Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekend Progress

This morning I went with my friends Joan and Laura to a life drawing session at Clarke Reidy's Studio.  It was a long pose session where we worked from the same pose all morning.  I was able to complete this oil pastel painting.  I wasn't positioned in a good place to step back and view my artwork from a distance or I might have realized where the proportions were off.  I think his hip juts out a bit too far plus his leg from the knee down should have been longer.  In spite of the problems, I had a fun morning working on art.
I also managed to finish this oil pastel painting of mom in my book.  I struggle with it.  I got her nose just right, but that was about it.  Painting older people is difficult for me.  I couldn't get the lips or the skin around them to look the way I thought it should.  The eyes are close, but not perfect. I did collage on tissue paper with strings of gold in it for mom's over shirt. It turned out perfect!  I also used metallic gold oil pastels for her necklace.  It added a nice touch.  I will do a page of dad next and am hoping that it doesn't prove as difficult.

For the rest of the afternoon, I will catch up on little things that I have to do in my studio, including my artwork/collage for the day.  Until next weekend, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment