Sunday, July 31, 2011

Last Week of July

It is hard to believe that July is over and that on Tuesday I head back to the classroom.  Granted, the first week is time to prepare for students, but it still means that I will be putting in full days.  I am hoping that I can keep up with my artwork a day as I have managed to do over the summer.  If time doesn't allow, at least I have the weekends!

Speaking of an artwork a day, here are two that I completed this week.  Both are 6" x 6" and consist of collage papers on a painted background. I really do enjoy piecing this images together to create a subtle message, or in the case of the bottom one, a not so subtle message.  The first image is titled "Within Reach", the second "Need to Know".

I did go to the life drawing session at Stu's this past Tuesday night.  For sure, I will keep attending throughout the school year, that way I will be creating some art!  On Tuesday, I focused on body proportions and just worked in my sketchbook.  I started with the drawing on the right, and sketched in Jesse's entire body, again focusing on proportions.  Because the pose was only 20 minutes, I didn't get too much of the shading finished, but there is enough to get the general idea.  The drawing on the left I chose to do because I struggle with silhouettes.  This one is a pretty good representation of the model.

My second page shows 2 more views of Jesse.  The pose of Jesse from behind was a great pose.  Notice that I didn't leave enough room on the page for his feet; this is something I need to work on! The upper body drawing was a 30 minute pose so I had just enough added time to create a more completed looking drawing.  I really love my Tuesday night drawing sessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment