Sunday, August 7, 2011

Back to School

I have been back at school for a week now though tomorrow is actually my first day with students.  I am already tired.  I only managed a couple of 6" collages this week and today was my only opportunity to work on my tortoise painting and the portrait of dad.  Making art is only going to get more difficult to fit in.  As much as possible, I intend to maintain my Tuesday night life drawing sessions.  It isn't just school, I am also thinking about the time that I will need to dedicate to National Board Certification.  That part might not kick in this week, but I do plan to start on portfolio #1 "A Portrait of Teaching Over Time" the second week of school.  I can do this.....

I didn't photograph my sketches from last Tuesday, but here are my collages.  The first one is titled "Smile" the second one is "Just for You".  I started both with magazine transfers on watercolor paper and then worked up my images on the surface of the transfer.

I am not very "talkative" at the moment so I will simply stop at this point.  I hope to report back in next week with promising information and more artwork to post. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment