Thursday, May 27, 2010

"Looking Inward" Influences


"Who Am I?" was completed in February 2009. I was taking a life drawing class at the time and was drawing from a model. I wasn't able to finish it in class, so I finished it up at home. I had to use my own face in the drawing because I hadn't sketched in the models facial features. This was the first time I ever incorporated skeletal bones into my artwork.

"Julie, Beat Up and Abandoned" was a painting I created to show how I was feeling at the time. I still feel this way. I completed it in early May, 2009. From my paintings of skeletons wearing clothing, I moved into this version of a skeleton wearing skin to show that I had been hurt, abused, and angered; but the healing has begun and I am moving forward.

These two paintings have pushed me into my current painting, "Looking Inward".

No comments:

Post a Comment