Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday


I was up early this morning, at least I rolled out of bed somewhere around 5:30 even though I had been awake since much earlier. When I went out to get this newspaper, I saw that one of our cacti was blooming. You have to catch the blooms just right as thay only last one day. The sun was coming up, low and to the right. The flower was beautiful! I went back in the house to get my camera so that I could take a few pictures of it. I used to paint cacti flowers all the time, that is what I started with. I might turn this one into a painting. I love the lighting on the flower.
Even though I am off for summer break, I still leave all those necessary chores for Saturday. I wonder why that is!?! There won't be much time for artwork, at least not this morning, but I will try for later in the day. I might sketch out this cactus bloom on a canvas!

No comments:

Post a Comment