Thursday, May 27, 2010

Procrastinate

Procrastinate - belonging to the morrow, to put off doing (something unpleasant or burdensome) until a further time; to postpone (such actions) habitually.

Why do I do this? Procrastinate? Again the fear steps in and convinces me that I should be organizing a drawer or making a run to Goodwill rather than doing the more challenging thing.....starting on a new painting. That little voice says "drawing that old International truck is REALLY hard" "it won't be easy, do something else instead" And so I get suckered in, walk away from my studio, get in the Jeep, and go to Goodwill. Honestly, I do need to take a few things to Goodwill and I do need to go to Cosco to buy an atlas for my roadtrip, but I can not use those things as a means to avoid my artwork.

Okay Julie......
  1. I will finish drawing the old truck BEFORE I do anything else.
  2. This afternoon I will work on the Rascal painting and I will start painting the International!

No excuses, at least not for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment