Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cactus Flower

I didn't get a chance to paint until after lunch. This morning I hiked just to the saddle of Lookout Mountain and back, and then worked in the backyard. I added more mulch around my potatoes, I keep buying more compost and the potato plants just keep getting taller. I have never planted potatoes begore and am hoping for a good crop! Next I gave Dusty a bath, cleaned the fountain, and then cleaned up the back patio. I was pretty grungy when I finished; my shower felt refreshing.


Again, I hesitated just getting started with my painting of the cactus flower. I knew I wanted to begin with the background, yet my subconscious kept me worried about the painting. So I procrastinated......I made my daily collage, fooled around on the internet, ate lunch.....did anything to avoid painting. Finally I just said "Stop!" I got out my paints and spent about 90 minutes getting the green part of the cactus painted in place. I did not worry about the long cactus spines at this point, as they will be painted in later. I also added in the green shade that is located at the center of the flower bloom. Now it needs a few days to dry before I can paint the flower petals.


Tomorrow I should be able to work on Gunfight and International, they will be dry enough to safely handle. I might start another project as well, but I will have to do some brainstorming to figure out what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment