Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Afternoon in the Studio

I finally finished my painting "International".  I started the painting in May, but with my 5 week road trip during the summer, I stopped painting.  Then school started at the end of July and it has been hard to get back into the swing of painting.  I am grateful for Fall Break, as I think it has successfully refocused me on my artmaking.
I worked from a photograph that I took when Rainy and I were living in Divide, Colorado.  In 2003, Joni, Asher, and Seva came out to visit.  We went to an old mining town to tour the underground mine.  I took a lot of pictures, including one of this old International dump truck.  For some reason, I have been attracted to beaten up and abandoned vehicles.  Overall, I am pleased with the way this painting turned out.  It is 18" x 24", oil on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment