Thursday, November 11, 2010

It has been a month since my last blog!

Wow!  I hadn't realized how long it had been since my last blog.  I have a lot to catch up on as I have been busy in my studio.  For now, I am going for a hike around Lookout Mountain.  When I get back, I promise to update everyone on my studio work!

I am back from my hike, I have showered and mixed up a batch of Christmas cookies that are chilling in the frig.  Now about my art....

I have continued to work in my collage book and manage to complete about one image a week.  Since my last post I have finished one of Rainy, Raven, and our cat Toby.

The oil pastel painting of Rainy has managed to captured the essence of what she actually looks like.  I struggled a bit with her smile, which is bigger than I managed to make it.  I used some paper that I had on hand for Rainy's shirt, then added a bit of pastel to blend it into place.

I am not sure how I feel about the final painting of Raven.  It is basically her but not quite.  I think I am having trouble because I have to work around the binding at the center of the spread.

Poor Toby.....I made her beautiful eyes way to small plus they should be lower on her face.  I painted this picture of her relaxing in the bathroom sink  which is something she likes to do.  I used foil in the upper background to represent the mirror.


I just finished the spread of Alex.  I think his proportions turned out really well.  This is probably because I decided to work with the book upright at me easel.  I used bulldog clips and clipped the opened book to a drawing board.  It is so much easier to see what you are doing when the image is upright!  I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner!  I really want some Sennelier oil pastels as I think it would make the blending and layering of colors much easier.  They are on my Christmas list.

No comments:

Post a Comment