Saturday, December 11, 2010

Another Completed Artwork

I created "Buick" from a photograph that I took this summer while Rainy and I were on our road trip.  Our first night was spent at the Wigwam Motel in Holbrook, Arizona.  Outside of the wigwams, numerous old cars and trucks were parked to provide a retro effect.  The Buick was parked just outside of the wigwam we slept in. 
I actually finished "Buick" last weekend but didn't get around to photographing the painting until just now.  I made the mixed media piece along with my IB Art class.  They had to create an 18" x 24" collage piece, so I did too.  I began by attaching torn white/nuetral magazine pieces with matte medium to a canvas.  For the next step, I worked with oil pastels that were rubbed into the magazine pieces and then finished off or finally blended with Liquin, a painting medium.  The Liquin gave it a slick, polished surface while also serving as a final finish.  To complete the piece, I attached plastic letters that I spray painted grey and added a touch of oil pastel to.  I purchased some expanded metal which Mike cut to size for me.  I glued the metal in place with E6000.  I am very pleased with the final painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment