Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

Happy New Year's Eve!

I need to get in the habit of posting on my blog much more frequently than I have been.  Isn't that what it is all about?!

We are experiencing a blast of cold weather in Phoenix which makes me want to cuddle up and just stay indoors.  Because of this, I did finish another painting of Dusty.  This one is titled "Dusty, Again".  It is 11" x 14", oil pastel and collaged papers on canvas.  I used my brand new Sennelier oil pastels that Santa brought me for Christmas.  They go on like butter and just beg to be rubbed into the surface.  They are very nice to work with!  When I started the painting, I was having trouble getting the face to look right.  I stopped and practiced Dusty's face in my sketchbook, using an enlarged photo and graphite paper to transfer the image.  I then came in with the pastels.  I figured out that I had her nose too far to the left and that was throwing the proportions way off.  I got out some turpentine and simply erased her nose and eyes on the painting so that I could start over.  This worked very well and I am pleased with the finished painting.

As for the fact that it is New Year's Eve, I need to make a run to Trader Joe's to get the ingredients for cheese fondue.  Of course I will also pick up some champagne to enjoy with the fondue.  Once groceries are bought, I should have time to work in my studio this afternoon.  I need to do some research in my IB Art sketchbook (for school) plus I might be able to finish my painting of Rainy and Raven.  I also need to get back to my collage book.  There is always something that I want to do in my studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment