Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday Afternoon in the Studio

I got Rainy to the airport around 11:30 this morning and have since been trying to focus on some artwork.  I have not been too successful yet as my mind is now wandering towards getting ready for Christmas!  I did finish Jack the Beagle yesterday.
There wasn't much lefy to be done.  I lightened Jack's eyes a bit and completed some detailing around the mouth.  Overall, I am very pleased with the the finished painting.  I enjoyed using the oil paint on top of the torn magazine pages.  The last few layers of paint were added with quite a bit of linseed oil mixed into the paint and this left a nice overall sheen to the painting.  I will be giving the painting to my sister Jenni and her husband, Jim for Christmas as it is a portrait of their beagle.


I also started and finished this cat portrait of Zoe in my collage book.  Her face started out pretty accurate, but I got off on her body proportions.  I chose orange for the background to accent her tabby coloration.  I am done now with the household pets.  Next on my schedule is a portrait of Adam, but I need to get a photo first.

No comments:

Post a Comment