Thursday, July 22, 2010

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

This is my artwork a day from yesterday, titled "Let Me  Go".  It is 6" x 6", made from found and stained papers, and found objects. 

I really thought that I would be able to work on a painting today, but it is almost 3:00 pm and Mike, Rainy, Bryant, and I are meeting Mom and Dad at 6 pm at Bario Cafe for dinner.  Just because I am not painting doesn't mean that I haven't done anything to today....I have actually been rather creative.  Aside from reorganizing and putting away everything I brought home from my travels, I finished glueing in papers and such in my sketchbook from my awesome roadtrip.  I still need to come back in and label the pages.   I also worked on photos I took on my roadtrip:  selected, photoshopped and starting organizing the images that I will want to print.  I have really had a full day.

This is my 6" x 6" artwork a day titled "Zip", made from found papers, India ink, stamping ink, and rick rack.  The main object is a the image of a doll that I xeroxed.  I am not sure that I like this one too much as the stamped areas had a tendency to smudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment