Friday, July 23, 2010

Procrastinating

I am having difficulty pulling out my oil paints, I just seem overwhelmed with idea of tackling something "big".
I completed my 6" x 6" artwork of the day, "The Ranch House". I began with a photocopy of a picture taken back in the sixties of my three sisters and me (I am 2nd from the left, wearing the light blue cowboy hat).  I used a dark blue paper for the background, then added some stamping in off-white.  The floral trim came from a 1980 "Phoenix" magazine.  I added satin trim, yarn, and hearts cut from the dark blue paper.  I am pleased with the results, the blue herats helped to balance the composition and added a little more interest.

I also worked on sorting through the photos from my roadtrip, I finished up the images from Day 2, there are 44 images that I consider good enough to print.  I am waiting to do all of my printing later, I might even have an outside source print them because there will be so many.
Okay, I might be ready to work on one of my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment