Saturday, July 24, 2010

I am Wasting the Day Away

It is Saturday, I always like the weekends, even when I am out of school like I am now.  I got a weave and haircut which took up most of my morning, but I feel better about myself.  Now if the weight would start dropping off I would feel REALLY good.
I made my artwork of the day, "Someone".  This time I started with orange, white, and yellow ochre acrylic paint that I applied with an old credit card.  Next I applied red ink with a hand carved stamp.  I used matte medium to attach a section of music; the lyrics are "Someone's rocking my...Someone's invading my dreams....".  I also attached a clipping of a woman at a sewing machine, then I went over all of it with thinned white paint.  It still needed a little something, so using the side of a credit card I applied ochre-colored ink and then did the same technique with a dark blue ink.  The result was a series of very thin lines.  This collage is much simpler than the ones I have been making, plus it took less time.  I enjoyed the change of pace.
Now my painting is calling me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment