Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday and Moving Slowly

Even though I was up early again this morning, I really haven't accomplished too much in the way of art making.  I did have a doctor appointment this morning so that did take some time.  I also took the time to buy myself a new agenda book for this school year, I like to keep track of appointments and meetings the old fashioned way.
I just finished my artwork for the day, "Just Yesterday".  I started with a picture of my sister Jenni when she was about 3 years old, with the intention of giving it to her for her 50th birthday.  I missed the big day which was July 3rd as I was deep into my roadtrip.  I will take it to her later this week.  I put down a layer of acrylic paint using Brilliant Orange, Medium Magenta, and Titanium White.  When the paint was dry I attached a piece of stained paper and some lace using matte medium.  Next I adhered the image of Jenni and a frame cut fromm some decorative paper I had on hand. I cut 4 flower stencils from paint samples, glued them in place along with jewels for the centers.  I felt that there was still something missing, so I added thin strips of a paint sample on opposing corners.  The this strips added emphasis and helped to balance the image.  I am pleased with the final composition and hope that Jenni likes it as well.
It is already almoast 1:00 pm; I plan to spend the afternoon working on photos from my roadtrip and adding in missed entries on the Driving Backwards blog.  I hope to be back in the serious painting mode by this coming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment