Saturday, November 13, 2010

Getting Caught Up

Because it has been such a long time since I have written in my blog, I have been able to finish a couple of paintings that I mentioned in October.
I completed the mixed media painting of Dusty.  I titled it "Remembering Dusty".  The media is torn magazine pages and oil paint on canvas.  It is 20" x 24".
I hung it up in hallway where I see it every time I walk by, which is often.  I am very pleased with the way this piece turned out.  By layering and rubbing the colors, they have a definite sheen and depth to them.


I also finished this oil on canvas painting titled "Looking Back".  It is 18" x 36".  This will be the last of my series involving skeletons, at least for now, as I feel finished.
There are certain things I like about this paining such as the way the skin breaks away to reveal bone.  I also like the way I interpreted the human flesh and the skeletal structure.  I am not too thrilled with the plant.  I wanted it to have more of an ivy-like appearance, as if it was growing up the wall, actually clinging to it.  Instead, it looks like a tall plant growing upright out of a planter.  Oh well, I guess I kind of gave up on trying to fix the plant and will live with the painting the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment