Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have the turkey in the oven, so I managed to squeeze in a little time to finish a page in my collage book.
This is Cloe, one of Bryant's cats.  She actually turned out better than any of the previous cat portraits that I have completed in the book.  I think this happened because I started the portrait differently.  Instead of drawing the overall shape of Cloe's face and body, I began with her nose, shading it in and getting it to be the right shape.  Then I moved onto her eyes and then her mouth.  I simply worked out from there.  This is how I draw people, so why haven't I been doing this in the collage book?  Who knows!  I guess I just forgot what works best for me.  The center fold in the spread of the book had me working around it instead of working in a way that I know is successful for me.  Now that I have been reminded, I think the pages that are yet to come should get better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment