Monday, January 17, 2011

Enjoying a 3-Day Weekend!

I always love have just one extra day off on a weekend; and this weekend is no different!  It has been a busy weekend without a lot of studio time.  Yesterday we had an Off to Bootcamp party for my step-son Bryant.  (He leaves a week from today).  We had the party at my parent's house as it is more suited to a large gathering of people than my house is.  There were about 25 people there, drinking beer and wine and eating burgers and brats.  A good time was had by all.  I thought I might have more time for myself today, but I have a dentist appointment and then a massage scheduled for later today.  I guess that is personal time, but I was actually thinking more along the lines of studio time.  I will work on art in between appointments and such.
Last weekend I did create a collage/oil pastel drawing of Adam in my book.  I worked from a picture taken 5 years ago when Mike and I got married.  Unfortunately the drawing looks like a much younger Adam.  I also made his hair a bit blonder than it actually is.
I need to revisit the pages in my collage book, back from the beginning as I have gotten away from adding papers along with the oil pastel part of the drawing.  I am currently working on a page with Tyler in it.  After that, I will start back to the collage way of working.  I also need to do something so that I am not getting the lips on the crease of the book as it really makes capturing the smile difficult if not impossible.  I am learning as I go, guess that is a good thing.
I just finished the collage of Tyler.  While Adam looks younger, Tyler looks older!  I couldn't quite get his dimples to show up, plus I made his face too long and thin.  I am not sure why I don't notice these things while the work is in progress; I realize when the work is completed and I have already sprayed it with clear acrylic.  I will have to work harder on my observational skills.
Now I am trying to decide who comes next in my book.  Since I have been working with the Peters side of the family lately, I think I will try a collage of Harold, Mike's dad.  Lucky for me, we took pictures of him yesterday at Bryant's party.

No comments:

Post a Comment